Historic Disasters – Princeton Strong – Hands Down, Low Wire. Hikers on Cradle Rock Electrocuted
PRINCETON STRONG news – Princeton, NJ: On February 12, 1993, two 19-year-old lifelong friends died tragically by electrocution. Keith J. Combs, and David Hutchinson, a Hopewell Volunteer Firefighter, were hiking up Cradle Rock, when they came across a dangling high voltage wire 7 feet above the ground, which was uncoated and appeared like rope. Combs touched the wire drawing 25,000 volts through his body. Hutchinson tried to push him off the wire. Both died.